Jun 1, 2009

Basking in Glorious Sunshine.

I keep meaning to set aside some time in the local library and bash out the updates which are so desperately due after last weekend’s antics and masses of loads taken etc, unfortunately I’ve been so busy of late that I’ve not had a chance.

In simple honesty, the weather here in the UK this past week has just been to die for, it’s been clear blue skies, upwards of 25°C all day, and warm evenings which just beg you to hold barbeques. I’ve spent the entire time with friends, at BBQ’s, chilling out, sunbathing in the central park area of the city, right near the river, drinking – generally living the high life. It’s times like these that one is grateful for being unemployed really. Sure cash is tight, but when you’ve got sunshine like this, all you need is time to enjoy it, and I’ve certainly had that.

Yesterday saw temperatures hit around the 27-28°C mark, and I spent the entire day in my friends back yard, sprawled on the freshly mown lawn, supping ice cold beers, listening to music and laughing and a joking with all my mates, their girlfriends/boyfriends generally just soaking up the rays. I’ve even picked up a really nice tan this past week, so I’m hoping that helps me get even more cock at my next visit to the sauna, which’ll probably by Bears Event at Steam Complex on 6th June. By the time the BBQ was over and I got back downtown, it felt strange to hear sirens wailing, the rush of traffic, the hustle and bustle of being downtown in any City. It’s where I live, so I’m used to it, it just felt pretty odd after spending a day out in suburbia.

BasjAnyone who knows the North of England will tell you that weather like this really is a rarity, and when it comes, you gotta grab the opportunity with both hands and make the most of it, so it’s for that reason, and that reason alone, that I’ve not yet talked in detail about Alert & Basement in Manchester, the cruising the following Saturday evening, and the open door pump and dump I held a few days later. I promise you though, the updates will come, and they’ll come soon – alas the forecast is that the sun is set to stay for the next 2-3 days, then we’re back to typical English summer weather – rain, rain and more rain. Still, least the ducks will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment to tell me what you think. It is the feedback from you guys, the readers, which determins the direction the blog goes in. If you like what I write/produce, tell me... i'll do more of the same. If you don't - tell me too, and I can stop doing it. I do this all for you, so tell me what you think...

Josh