Nov 27, 2010

The Subject of Inquisition

After taking the decision the other week to "out" myself publically once and for all, I received a message on facebook from a chap who'd added me a few days earlier.  I'd never come across him or his work.  But I was about to discover that he had most definitely come across me, and my "work".

The message I received contained the following link: Law & Sexuality: Confessions Of A Bareback Sauna Slut.  Intrigued, I proceeded to read on as his blog loaded.  This chap is a professor of sorts at the University of Sunderland (about 100 or so miles North of where I live).  He talks about my decision to publically out myself, and what consequences that may have both on myself, and also other people.  He also discusses how he's used snippets of my blog when teaching his class when discussing bareback sex.

Then the interesting part:

"For my students - we'll be taking a look at the blog posts (you won't need to go on the actual blog) in the workshops before winter vacation."

Well, with this I was intrigued, so i fired a message back asking for more information.  We chatted a bit, and he sent me details of the course he lectures on, and also other material he's used.  He asked if i'd be willing to do a kind of "talking head" video - whereby he collates questions from his lectures, and then I answer them on video.  He'd use the video in a lecture to his class.  I'm mulling it over.  I think I probably will agree to do it...

All in all it's incredible... i had no idea that such a course existed.  Nor that by writing such an honest account of my sex life, that it may be discovered and then utilised by a university to teach people studying law, about sexuality!  Fantastic!

He covers a vast array of issues, and is well worth checking out!




3 comments:

  1. I think they should award you an honorary degree in bareback-ology. You have been studying a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention and link Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a very cool guy, I've followed him on Twitter for a while. As much as the Daily Hate Mail hate it, the fact that there are academics that take sexuality seriously is most definitely a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please leave a comment to tell me what you think. It is the feedback from you guys, the readers, which determins the direction the blog goes in. If you like what I write/produce, tell me... i'll do more of the same. If you don't - tell me too, and I can stop doing it. I do this all for you, so tell me what you think...

Josh