Mar 30, 2009

Houston we have a problem.

Ok guys,

Those of you lucky enough to be reading this will now understand why the permissions have been changed, please can you pass word around to those who still cant get access to the blog... i do hope to rectfify the problem as soon as possible.

Basically my parents found out about this blog, and got hold of the address, so i had to rush to take it offline before they could log in and see what it was all about. I think i succeeded in my quest to do so, and have now palmed the mess in the spare room at a house i used to use (cant give full details without identifying myself and other people...), off onto an old friend whom was evicted last week.

The problem i now have is that if i allow all to get access, i can be identified, and my parents are sure to go mental with me. Not good. So i have three choices as I see it.

1) Remove all my photos and make it so that I can not be indentified from ANY of the posts in the blog.

2) Change the blog address, and hope that if my parents do enter the old address, it wont re-direct them to the new one. This will allow me to keep the posts as they stand, and all the pictures on the site.

3) The final, and least favorite, yet more secure option, leave the blog as it stands, but make it access via request only. As it is right now basically. Guys will have to email me for permission to access the blog. Only when i've vetted them etc, do i give it. Not ideal, and i'm sure my fan base would suffer massively if i went this route, so at the moment, this is least least favorite.

Until i reach some solution, please keep telling those folks who are wondering where its gone what has happened. I do want people to keep checking back, as i will be updating it as often as i can. Also, similarly, if anyone out there has any solutions which i havent thought of to this pickle, i'm all ears.

Thanks for your patience guys, i hope to resume normal service in the not too distant future!

Josh x

1 comment:

  1. I think leaving this as invite only wil help. Then start a fresh blog but dont put face pics and exact locations keeping it anonomous. And if u wanna give out details etc do emails or somethin.

    Thats my idea

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please leave a comment to tell me what you think. It is the feedback from you guys, the readers, which determins the direction the blog goes in. If you like what I write/produce, tell me... i'll do more of the same. If you don't - tell me too, and I can stop doing it. I do this all for you, so tell me what you think...

Josh